Tuesday 13 September 2011

West Bay, Dorset

Another post on our August summer holiday in Devon.  During the fortnight we spent in Devon last month Caroline introduced William and I to another new place to visit, West Bay in Dorset.  I loved West Bay so much that we went right back for another visit the day after.

DSC_2261b

There's something for everybody at West Bay - beautiful pebbly beaches, I love the crunchy sound when you walk on them; cliff top walks for the energetic giving awesome sea views..

DSC_2210b

Boats for the nautically minded. 

Old and new property sits side by side in West Bay.  The apartments seen here are in a great location.  A ground floor one had a For Sale sign in the window.  I rang the number out of sheer curiousity to find out the price.  How much do you think?  I'll tell you, it was £335,000.  Whether that's a bargain or not I wouldn't know.

DSC_2295b

Lots of places to eat.  There are several take-away food bars like this one.  Also there are some rather nice coffee shops and restaurants.   The coffee shop we particularly liked was Ellipse facing the sea.

DSC_2321b

Plenty of ice cream to be found for this cheeky little chappy.  Charlie Chops is passionate about ice cream, I think he inherited that little trait from me.

DSC_2279b

Father, daughter and grandson posing on the prom.  We had a lovely walk up and down and all around this pretty little seaside town.

DSC_2238b

Fancy messing about on the river?  West Bay has that on offer too.

Kathleen.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Those are lovely photos and especially of Charlie. I need the one of him on his own to replace the old one I have of him on my fridge please? xxx