Monday 7 June 2010

We needed some fresh…

…air this morning so I took my Little Treasures for a little walk.  DSC_4133 We didn’t go far, just into the field at the back of our house and along the public footpath. Over the stile and into the farmer’s field.  Nicholas climbed over mostly by himself but I had to carry Charlie over, he’s only just two after all.  DSC_4137Wait for me, Nichowas!  OK, Charwee.A view over to St. Barnabus’ church. That parish has a very active group of campanologists.  I love to hear them doing their thing. DSC_4139Moving at a rate of knots along the path these two little chaps came to a fairly quick standstill when they saw who was ahead of them. DSC_4141Very impressive Aberdeen Angus cows who couldn’t have been any closer to the fence.  I found out recently that the original Aberdeen Angus cows are black not this beautiful russet colour.DSC_4143_edited-1I think this handsome specimen was happy to see us, he came very close for a good look at us.  Poor thing was covered in flies.  DSC_4145Nicholas took a step back.  Charlie wasn’t bothered by them at all. DSC_4146Then Nicholas got a bit braver and decided to feed the cows… just the one blade of grass! Obviously I didn’t let him. DSC_4149We usually go a bit further down the path but not today.  We studied each other long and hard, us and the cows, then we headed back to the ranch.  It was fun.

I'm linking up to Outdoor Wednesday again over at
http://www.asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/  Got a minute to spare? Go and take a look at all the other Outdoor posts from all over the world.

TTFN

Kathleen.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I can't believe you worked Trev's favourite word into a post! He'll be so jealous!! x

Anonymous said...

The photo's are beautiful, who would have thought "Dangerous Dave" aka Nicolas would be like his Grandad and scared of cows!! Love your first born xxx

Maggie said...

Looks like a great place for a romp through the countryside. Love the Aberdeen Angus at the fence, there are Normandy cows in my OW post today if you'd care to take a look.
Maggie

John said...

It is hard to believe that this lovely countryside is just over our back fence. Handsome young men and very good looking cows - we really are going to have to stop taking this all for granted!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

What beautiful countryside you have to roam in. The two little guys with you are so cute. I really like this post and the photography you shared. You are creating special memories for them. I liked the cow picture.

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Beautiful pics! It all looks so idyllic!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello,

I absolutely love the view on your header. What a fabulous place to take long walks with your Little Treasures. Speaking of, your Little Treasures are quite adorable! I love those russet colored Aberdeen Angus cows. I have never seen them before.

Thank you for the stroll through your lovely countryside.

~ Tracy

Renee said...

Cute little ones. Very good pictures. Your countryside is so pretty.