Sunday 13 June 2010

Boundary Mill

This is what the skies over our corner of the world looked like today.  Not very nice to say the least.  IMG_2918Certainly not a day for sitting in the garden or going to the seaside.  So instead William and I decided to go and have a look round an antiques centre that we had been to several years ago.  Only problem was when we got there the centre had moved to different premises and we couldn’t find the new place so instead we went to Boundary Mill (that’s it in the picture above).

IMG_2921

Boundary Mill is a huge place which sells all sorts of stuff.  I love the china and homewares departments and there was a sale on today which made it even better.  I bought two 6” plates from the Portmeirion Botanic Garden range (pictured above).  I intend to hang them on my kitchen wall for a splash of colour.

IMG_2919I saw this game on a shelf.  My brother got this same game for Christmas one year when we were kids, it must have been in about the late 50s.  I had forgotten all about it until I saw it again today.   It was priced at £7.00, I wonder what the original cost? Might have been more like seven bob or in today’s money 35 pence!  Wait a minute, what am I saying, Father Christmas brought it so it didn’t cost a penny!

On a different note World Cup Fever has started to grip the nation.  DSC_4167 Every where you go the England flag can be seen; hanging from house windows, flying from car windows, bunting with the flag on is even being strung from house to house in some areas.  I’m not a football fan but I do want England to win.  There’s our flag in the back garden.

Come on England!

TTFN.

No comments: