Wednesday 16 June 2010

Time was on my side…

…this morning, the weather was beautiful and I had a couple of hours to spare before I took charge of Nicholas at lunchtime.   DSC_4203So I decided to go to the lake for an hour and read my book.  DSC_4199 I got a takeaway latte from the refreshments booth, found me a picnic bench and soaked up the sun. 

DSC_4239At lunchtime when Nicholas came round we took a picnic lunch to the canal.DSC_4214He was very interested when a group of local school children took to the water for a kayak lesson.DSC_4231 One of these poor little boys overturned his kayak and ended up in the water, he came up gasping for air and I’m sure he must have had at least one mouthful of that horrible, not too clean, canal water.  He was rescued quickly and calmly though and managed to smile about it when he was back on the towpath.

Our day didn’t finish there, afterward we went to Caroline’s where she had set up Charlie’s paddling pool and sandpit.  The boys played happily while we chatted.

Just an ordinary day but so much more fun because the sun shone.

TTFN

Once again I’m linking to Outdoor Wednesday at  http://www.asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/

Kathleen.

7 comments:

Jessa said...

Love your laid back style. Poor kiddo, he won't forget that, but still what a great thing to do. Great photos too!

Lindz said...

what a way to indulge yourself for a couple f hours, not bad..

Cindy said...

You have darling grandsons, but like you intimated, looking after them is still work, isn't it. I have grands, too, so I know.
What a lovely place to enjoy a latte and a book. How nice that you would take your gs for a picnic. That is the kind of thing I do with my grands every chance I get. Poor kid who fell into the canal, nothing like a belly full of yukky water.8)
Hugs, Cindy S

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Spectacular Pics ! Your grand son is so cute! I am so glad the boy that overturned was alright .
Blessings,
~Myrna

Sherri@lavenderfields said...

Is it not the greatest when the sun shines. I live in Vancouver Canada and probably like you will have had a couple of good days followed by clouds and then rain. We just can't seem to get summer going this year. Before we know it we'll be back to the rain again!! Isn't that the way with kayaking. My biggest fear is being flipped over and stuck upside down!! Yikes!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Your pictures are beautiful!! Sherri : )

Debbie said...

What a stunning landscape! I would want to venture there in the morning as well.

Glad to come upon you at Outdoor Wednesday!

John said...

More brilliant photos - if you had used a zoom lense you would have probably seen John and I sat outside the Wine Press (yet again)!! - xx