Friday 8 January 2010

Cabin Fever...

...I was beginning to think I was coming down with it.  Do not travel unless your journey is vital.  That's what we keep hearing on the weather news bulletins.  But just how long can a person stay in the house without going round the bend?  Thankfully I'm not going to find out because Caroline came to my rescue and suggested we go to the Trafford Centre today.  Was our journey vital?  No not really, but we needed to see if there were any sale bargains left in the shops!  So off we went.

There was plenty of snow around for certain.  I've never seen this car park with so few cars in it.  Which was good because it meant that the Centre would be a pleasure to shop in.

We started off in Starbucks and after that Charlie got to ride in one the little cars you can hire.  He's never done that before.  He loved it at first then the novelty wore off and he wanted "out". 

We had lunch in Barburrito which is upstairs in the Orient.  That was a first for me and it was good too.

On to the important stuff... the bargains.  In Marks and Spencer I got 2 sweaters, a blouse, two tops, a pair of grey velour leisure pants and a jacket.  The jacket on its own at full price should have been £59, it was £5! (Caroline got one too). I paid £27 for the lot!  So, yes, we got some bargains!  Caroline did OK too and we came home two very happy little shoppers.  Cabin fever a thing of the past.

Kathleen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.