Monday 11 April 2011

A Quick Post

Just here to catch up briefly on this past week.  The weather has been beautiful and I've been able to spend time outdoors.  I even did some gardening yesterday morning.  My job is the weeding and dead-heading, that kind of stuff.  I don't like the planting and digging and mowing but fortunately William does so he's in charge of all that business.

Last week was just one of those weeks where the days come and the days go and nothing out of the ordinary happens.  Until we got to Saturday morning when Arthur rang from Wales  to say that my sister in law Brenda was in hospital.  She is having heart problems at the moment and had to stay in the hospital overnight.  I'm happy to report that she is now back home and feeling much better.

Thursday afternoon Charlie and I made some little buns.

DSC_9749_edited-1b

He liked the baking, he liked the icing but he didn't like the actual cake.  Everybody else liked them so that was okay.

DSC_9807b

Saturday was glorious, really hot and sunny.  Towneley Park seemed like a good place to go.  It's a huge park with plenty of open spaces.  We had a picnic on a blanket on the grass.  The boys played footy. 

Then yesterday William and I had a late afternoon drink with our lovely friends and neighbours John and Lesley in their garden.  That was unexpected and very pleasant in the warmth of the last rays of the day's sunshine. 

That's about it for last week but this week is going to be a bit more out of the ordinary.  I'm off to Cornwall in the morning with my lovely cousin, Sylvia.  So until the weekend..

TTFN,

Kathleen.

1 comment:

Betsy Brock said...

So glad the sick one is home and better!

Charlie is a sweetheart...what an adorable boy. I love that he bakes with you!