Thursday, 6 January 2011

A Sweet Treat

I popped round to my daughter's house yesterday afternoon.  She and Charlie had been baking.

DSC_0045[4]blog

Caroline had made these little buns covered with peanut butter icing.  They were deee-lish!   The icing was to die for deee-lish!

I know I'm very lucky to have both my daughters living so close.  My good friends and neighbours, J & L, have just travelled all the way to New Zealand to visit their daughter and her family.  So my very special simple pleasure this week is simply sharing homemade cakes and a coffee with my daughter and grandson.

Linking once again to Dayle's blog to join her weekly Simple Pleasures party.

Kathleen.

 

5 comments:

glenna said...

wonderful treat...you stopped by just in time
thanks for sharing

Barb said...

Perfect timing.The buns sound lovely -- but then anything with peanut butter in it is the best.
Barb from Australia

Dayle said...

Kathleen, this warmed my heart. What a special simple pleasure, indeed.... and it made me awfully hungry. :)

sarah said...

yum and double yum.these look so good.

Angel Wings and Apron Strings said...

Oh yes, the do look delicious Kathleen!
I've never had peanut butter icing but it sounds great :-)
What a lovely moment you had with your family!
blessings..Trish