Thursday 22 April 2010

Picnic by the Canal


Today Nicholas and I took a picnic lunch and ate it by the canal.
 


As we got there this boat was just being moored. I got chatting to the lady and she told me that they had travelled up from Essex.  I didn’t know that it was possible to come that far on our inland waterways.  I asked how far north they could go and she said no further than Lancaster.  I think this was only their second year owning their own boat, the lady told me they were broke but happy.  A retired couple, they’ll be spending all summer on the boat, just going home occasionally.  Not a bad life that I think. 


Nicholas and I found a bench and ate our picnic.  Then a little stroll along the towpath and across the bridge to the other side.

DSC_3249

I like how the white house above has put in French doors and added a little veranda to make the most of their view.

Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours on a sunny spring day.  We must do it again soon!

TTFN,

Kathleen.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Lovely pics. Nicky-Noo looks like a big boy, I think he's had a growth spurt again. xx

Victoria said...

That looks great. Wish George and I could've been with you both. Nicholas now fits into his 2-3yr pants so he might have grown a bit. xxx

Elaine said...

I just love the look of the boats. When I was in England, I was fascinated by these boats. Some of them were decorated with flowers and beautifully painted. I thnk they were in the Stratford area.

Thanks for visting my blog and telling me about the Fisherman's Friend tin.