Wednesday 22 August 2012

Hooked on Actions, Filters, FaceTime and my iPhone Camera.

All of the following photos were taken with my iPhone and filters/actions of one description or another were added.  I’m indebted these days to Pioneer Woman for her free actions.  I find them really easy to use and they cut down my editing time no end.

IMG_1160b

Friday I had all three boys for a time. 

IMG_1161_edited-1b

I took them to the canal.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.

IMG_1168_edited-1b

I don’t think I’ll be doing it again any time soon.  I was scared to death one of them was going to fall in.IMG_1172b

Canoeing along the canal.  George wanted to have a go at this.  Me too.

IMG_1204

My current library books.  I don’t know how much longer I’ll be going to the library.  The fact is I see a Kindle in my future.  I’ll probably still go and browse the library shelves though just because it’s such a pleasurable thing to do.  I love the atmosphere in our library, it’s such a friendly place.

Nicholas.  iPhone pic edited with BeFunky.

I love these two little men.   I played Draughts and Ludo with Nicholas this morning…

IMG_1208_edited-1

…and baked a cake with Charlie this afternoon.

My sister, the one who lives in Arkansas, finally got an iPhone last week.  FaceTime (video calling) with her has been so much fun this weekend.  I truly feel like we have visited with each other despite the thousands of miles that separate us.  Modern technology is just incredible.   I definitely see more FaceTime in my future.

DSC_6354b

Talking about modern technology.  William and I went over to Hebden Bridge again on Sunday morning.  I snapped this photo of a canal boat there.  I always think of barges as traditional maybe a little old fashioned too.  Not this boat.  It had solar panels and its own wind turbine too!

Kathleen.

P.S.  Just to  keep things straight - the last image is not an iPhone image.

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I still have not caved into the iPhone or iPad craze, though all my friends have and keep encouraging me to get one so we can keep in touch through what's ap. No want seems to want to email anymore or even check my blog. They all do Facebook and that's just not for me. I do like blogging! And meeting so many folks from around the world. Hope you are having a great week. Tammy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi again, yes we did go to Cochem. I loved it. But my teenage boys thought it was old and musty. We rented a car at the airport in Frankfurt so drove from there to Koblenz and then to Cochem one day but didn't stay long enough to my liking. Then come to find out, a blogging buddy is only 30 minutes from Koblenz and I didn't even know it. I told hubby we definitely have to go back one day. He loves Koblenz as that is where he and his dad would stay when they would go for the print show DRUPA that is held in Dusseldorf every four years -- they would take the train every day from Koblenz. We didn't do any train trips or even a short cruise so will have to do that next time, too. Thanks for stopping by! Best wishes, Tammy

Anita Johnson said...

I'm so out of the loop with iphones and all the technology...but I do use actions too, saves so much time. PS I don't think I would go near a canal with little people either, they move faster than me!