Sunday 12 August 2012

The Last Few Days.

Wednesday just gone was my oldest grandson, George’s, 9th birthday and I yet have to catch a good photo of him to mark the occasion.  I think I’d better put that at the top of my to do list. 

DSC_6283b

While Victoria took the birthday boy and three of his friends to the pictures I was in charge of Nicholas and Charlie.

DSC_6287b

It was a beautiful day so I took them to the park before we joined the birthday party at Pizza Hut.  Boys have lots of energy don’t they?  That’s all I’m going to say.

DSC_6289b

Friday found me in Manchester again, this time with Caroline and Charlie. 

DSC_6298b

Caroline wanted to go to a frozen yogurt bar she had heard about in the Spinningfields area.  We got the frozen yogurt from “Frurt” and took it to this superb seating area in the middle of all the office blocks, shops, cafes and restaurants that make up Spinningfields.  The big screen was showing the Olympics. 

DSC_6296_edited-1b

The sun showered its rays on this little oasis of calm.  We were there just ahead of the lunch break workers and had a front row seat.

DSC_6307b

Walking back to the train station through Corn Exchange the big screen there had a full audience of Olympics enthusiasts.  It seemed to me like there was a holiday atmosphere in the air.  I suppose the sunshine and Team GB doing brilliantly helped things along no end.

IMG_1127bInstagram image

A couple of times just recently William and I have found our way to the local lake and sat outside the pub there.  It’s a great place to people watch, have a drink and, my favourite thing, watch the bikers come and go. 

IMG_1132b      IMG_1133b       IMG_1134b   IMG_1137b

Instagram images.

IMG_1115b

I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since the Olympics started.  William and I were down in Devon and he was reading about the success of the opening ceremony and now I’m off to sit in front of the telly and watch the closing ceremony of a very successful London 2012 Olympics. 

29 Gold, 17 Silver and 19 Bronze.  Well done Team GB!!!

Kathleen.

No comments: