Friday, 30 December 2011

Towneley Park

On Wednesday Caroline, Trev and Charlie along with William and I took a ride over to Towneley Park. 

DSC_3930b

I wanted to take a look at all the Christmas stuff that I knew would be on sale in the park's garden centre.. 

IMG_0271b

I really don't need another thing in the line of Christmas decorations but when things are half price it's hard to resist and, big spender that I am, I bought these two lovely little baubles for the tree.

DSC_3938b

Charlie had great fun in the play area.   He loves these diggers.

DSC_3943b

The last time we were here in the summer Charlie could hardly reach those controls.

DSC_3961b

He's grown a lot it would seem and is doing better with them now.  A helping hand from his daddy is always welcome though.

DSC_3954B

After time in the play area for Charlie we strolled up towards the very imposing Towneley Hall.  Actually it was a bit cold for strolling and the rain had started to come down so hurried, would be a more accurate term to use.

DSC_3956b

What we needed was shelter from the cold and windy, rainy weather.  Our destination therefore was the converted stable block, above, which is now the cafe.  We enjoyed a hot drink sitting by the window with this lovely view to admire before we once again braved the elements, spent a little more time in the play area and headed back home. 

“Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
― Anthony J. D'Angelo

Who cares about the weather when you're with good company!

Kathleen.

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You are so fortunate to have such beautiful places to visit right in your own backyard. Give my 13 year old some sand and he is a happy camper for a while. He can dig and dig and dig. Wishing you a happy new year filled with peace, joy and love. Tammy