Thursday 29 December 2011

Christmas Catch Up

Well, can you believe Christmas has been and gone?  No, me neither.

DSC_3845_edited-1b

I've been neglecting this blog over the holidays but things are beginning to calm down now, so here I am playing catch up.

On the Thursday evening before Christmas Day Caroline rang and asked me if I'd like to go out for a quick Starbuck's with her, Trev and Charlie. Of course, I said yes.  The little outing also involved a quick look round just a couple of shops.  Fortunately there was nothing any of us were wanting to buy. Thankfully Christmas shopping was all done for us.

IMG_0266b

I had the Eggnog Latte at Starbucks.  It was delicious!

DSC_3850b

Christmas Eve we all, (except Caroline's husband who was working) went for a wet and windy walk round the lake.  Above, Nicholas saw me with the camera in hand and promptly pulled his hat over his face!   Little monkey!

DSC_3852_edited-1b

Here's our littlest grandson, Charlie.  As well as a wet and windy afternoon it was cold and I think Charlie was feeling it!

DSC_3848b

We stopped at the cafe at the far side of the lake for a warming hot drink.  I caught Gary and Victoria looking a bit glum in this picture.  They weren't, they were just cold.  Having said that, our surroundings were very grim looking.  The sky was so grey and it rained on and off but I for one enjoyed the walk and there were lots of other people out doing the same thing too.

Christmas2011-copyb

Just a few images from Christmas and that I think is it for today.  My daughter has just turned up with her boys, George and Nicholas, and they want me to play!

Kathleen.

No comments: