Sunday 23 May 2010

Oh, to be in England ..

..now that April’s here or May in this case.  Recently I’ve been very glad to be in England the weather is great and that together with our beautiful scenery is hard to beat. Shame about the greenfly plague we’re having at the minute though, I’ve never known anything like it before in my entire life.  Apparently it’s due to the sudden rise in temperature and not enough ladybirds around to eat the little pests.
Anyway, to continue.  William and I took advantage of the weather this weekend and yesterday morning we drove over Blackstone Edge to Hebden Bridge, a little mill town about 20 minutes away from here.
We checked out a few of the charity shops, which is one of my favourite things to do and something I haven’t done a lot of lately so I really enjoyed it.  I mainly buy my books in charity shops and just so as you know hospice shops are the cheapest. DSC_3897We had a morning coffee sitting outside a coffee shop overlooking this unusually low river. Very pleasant except for all the sticky sap that had fallen from the trees on to the benches and which in turn left stains on our trousers! DSC_3902We mooched around for some time after that and decided before we headed home to have a cold drink outside the Shoulder of Mutton.  Actually we each had a very, very cold glass of draught Guinness, it was so good in the sunshine!
Today brought more sunshine and what better way to spend the day than at the seaside.  Along with Victoria, Gary and boys we set off for Cleveleys over on the west coast of Lancashire. DSC_3920 copyWe parked alongside the prom wall toward the Bispham end of Cleveleys and took our picnic down onto the beach. The boys loved it.  DSC_3922   William read the paper.  I read my book. DSC_3914Gary found himself  somewhere to rest his head! 
We had a lovely day and to top it all off I don’t think the greenfly were as bad today, maybe the plague is on the way out (fingers crossed).

I'm linking this post to Outdoor Wednesday over at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/  Go over and have a look at some more Outdoor posts from all over the world.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twins?? Have you been at the sherry? xxx Love your first born.