Monday 10 May 2010

Budleigh Salterton…

…. a little seaside town just up the coast from Sidmouth, has become one of my favourite places to visit.Budleigh Salterton
Budleigh SaltertonBudleigh has a quiet genteel feel which appeals no end to me.  A beautiful wide sweeping bay with a prom to stroll along.  The beach is all pebbles which is the way I like it.  Sandy beaches are great for children but I prefer sand-free sandwiches etc. Plus, if you should drop your ice-cream cornet, (heaven forbid), you can pick it right up and carry on licking it!
Budleigh Salterton
A sweet hand-painted B&B sign. Believe me this B&B has got views to die for!Budleigh SaltertonAnd another one of those memorial plaques, this time on a bench right on the seafront.  I love the inscription on this one.  Victoria thinks I’m potty taking pictures of these plaques but I can’t help it, I’m seeing them everywhere I go and I just like ‘em.  There’s more in my next post.

No comments: