Sunday 2 February 2014

Needles and Pins

In December, after many years of intending one day to make a patchwork quilt I finally took the plunge and made one, albeit a small one.

IMG_3268.jpgb

And here it is my first attempt ever at patchwork quilting.  A Christmas table topper.  I had hoped to finish it in time for Christmas but didn’t quite manage it.  I’m really quite pleased with it and can see plenty more of this in my future for certain.

hat&cowl2013.jpgbChristmas14Mitts.jpgbIMG_3259.jpgb

I indulged in a bit of knitting before Christmas too.

IMG_3298.jpgb 

This side of Christmas I’ve been having a lot of fun sewing.  I made this simple slip-in cover for my Kindle and little zipped pouch to hold my knitting and crochet bits and pieces.  I’ve also made a couple of patchwork tote bags but I can’t get a good picture of them for love nor money so will not be putting them on show here.

IMG_3417.jpgb 

Oh, and I’ve turned a king size duvet cover into a double sized one with two matching pillowcases.  That was very satisfying because there’s also plenty of material left over to use in a quilting project of some description.

IMG_3367.jpgb

And finally this crochet blanket is finished apart from the blocking.  So, what to do next is the question.  I’ll come up with something that’s for sure.

Until next time,

BlogSignature

1 comment:

straythreads said...

good job on the little quilt love the plaid border! your knitting all looks so cozy and warm