Sunday 26 January 2014

Time is at it Again!

Flying that is.  Already it’s the 26th of January and before anybody can say Jack Robinson February will be here!  Oh well, nothing to be done about it so we’d better just hold on and enjoy the ride.

Jan2014collage

  1. I snapped a selfie of me wearing my new jumper, a Christmas present from Caroline and Trev.  I really like it!  The jumper that is.
  2. George stayed over early in the month and I took him to Hebden Bridge for lunch.  Pretty Christmas lights were still in evidence.
  3. George snuggled up to grandad on the couch.  These two pics are in the wrong order this should have been before the last one.
  4. John and Lesley came round a couple of Saturday nights ago.  We played Rummikub.  I love that game and happily I won that night.  We always have a good time together and conversation flows over the game along with a glass or two of good cheer.
  5. A week last Monday Lesley rang to invite me out for a walk through Ealees with her and John.  The weather was not good but it didn’t matter in the least.   If we waited for the sun to shine we might never set foot outside the door from one blue moon to the next!  Not that rotten weather is going to be a problem for John and Lesley for the next couple of months.  The very next day they jetted off to New Zealand!
  6. However there have been a few good weather days.  When Caroline’s shifts allow she often rings to see if I’d like to join her for a walk and sometimes we do catch a glimpse of that blue sky we know is up there somewhere.
  7. Charlie stayed overnight last week and here he is reading his school book to grandad.
  8. What else but pancakes for breakfast the morning after.  He says my pancakes are awesome!
  9. A Sunday morning treat.  A cup of tea with my Kindle in bed.  Love it!

DSC_2184_edited-1b

And finally a portrait of Nicholas.  I posted lots in the last post of Nicholas trying not to laugh while I read him jokes from a book.  This is another taken at the same time.   Cute, eh? 

Until next time,

BlogSignature

1 comment:

Anita Johnson said...

I love these posts, a snap shot of your wonderful life. I wish we lived closer, we like Rummikub too. We have a new favorite here "Qwirkle". You might like it too!