Thursday 19 May 2011

A Good Book

There's nothing quite like a good book is there? 

I think reading is a simple pleasure that many of us share and it was definitely one of mine this week.

!!eB NfgBGM~$(KGrHqMOKiME0oRNg cIBNR!y61!!Q~~_8

I noticed this book on my younger daughter's bookshelf last week.  I'd heard of Francine Rivers but had never read any of her novels.  I brought Redeeming Love home with me that night and am glad I did.  The story is emotionally hard going (Caroline had warned me of this) but well worth sticking with to the end as I'm sure many of Dayle's readers will know.

The book I actually read is a newer edition than this one but when looking through eBay for a picture I came across this edition and I think the cover is a far better illustration of the story than the newer edition cover.

I'll be looking out for more Francine Rivers novels from now on but meanwhile I'm joining Dayle for this week's Simple Pleasures link up.

Kathleen.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

That is a POWERFUL book. I loved it. A agree with you that a great book is a great simple pleasure.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Reading is one of life's greatest simple pleasures, yes. I've not read this book. Sounds like a good one. Thanks for linking up today.

Kay K said...

I read this book a few years ago and it is a true love story...
I loved this book and Francie Rivers is a great writer

Trish said...

Sounds like a great book, Kathleen.
I am a reader, too.
One of the major loves of my life :-)
blessings..Trish

Christine said...

I agree, reading is a great simple pleasure. I remember when I couldn't read. I didn't understand why everyone enjoyed a book and then talked about it.

Now I know! (I taught myself to read when I was in college, YES college!)

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Kathleen,
I also love reading!!! We can get so much from a good book.
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Victoria said...

Have just finished reading the book, am going to finish crying about it very soon. xxx

Anita Johnson said...

I have the older edition...a gift from my son. Tough to read, but perfect title.