Tuesday 24 May 2011

Another Birthday

Last Friday Charlie turned three!

DSC_0530_edited-1b

I know it's a very over-used phrase but, where does the time go?  It doesn't seem two minutes ago since Charlie was born and now look at him!

DSC_0549_edited-1b

Friday morning I was invited to go along with Caroline and Trev when they took Charlie to an Open Farm as a birthday treat.  The weather wasn't just the best but we made the best of it.  There were donkey rides to go on, tractors to ride and all manner of animals to see and lots of other stuff besides for Charlie to do.

DSC_0555b

Yep, including these sweet little creatures.  I'm sure there was another couple of piglets underneath these.  All I can say is I'm glad I'm not a pig!

DSC_0534b

I thought this picture was cute with Charlie peeping in the background.

After the farm we stopped at a McDonald's on the way home for a bite to eat.  Those places all seem to have undergone a much needed refurbishment of late, they don't feel quite so samey anymore.  Anyway, I have to say I rather like a McDonald's latte now and then and I'm not opposed to one of their burgers either.  I'm not a food connoisseur, it just has to be edible for me.   Suffice it to say, it wasn't only Charlie who enjoyed his lunch. 

Later on in the afternoon there was a party for the birthday boy, he was excited about that.  So that's it for birthdays now until July when we'll be singing the Happy Birthday song to my first born, Victoria, and I really will be saying "where did the time go" then!

Kathleen.

No comments: