Tuesday 24 September 2013

Recently In My World…

IMG_3562.jpgb

My six year old grandson, Nicholas, now plays for his local football team.  This is his first season and I think this was the third match they had played when Nicholas was awarded Man of the Match.  He’s holding his reward, a voucher for a Happy Meal.  MacDonald’s sponsor the team you see.  Well done, Nicholas!!

IMG_2645.jpgbInstagram

Wednesday afternoon I met up with my friend Sandra at the lake for coffee and a chat.  The weather was coolish but not too cool that we didn’t go for a walk along the lakeside.  Sandra spotted all the ripe blackberries as we sauntered along.  I think she must’ve been a girl guide once upon a time as she came prepared with bags in her handbag and collected a ton of the …

IMG_2644.jpgbInstagram

…juicy fruits.  Naturally I helped her, you wouldn’t believe how exciting it can be, blackberrying.  We had a wonderful time!

IMG_2627.jpgb

I’ve been busy on the sewing machine again and made a few cushion covers for Caroline.

IMG_2636.jpgb

Victoria and I have had a trip to Costco together recently and one of the things I bought was this magazine.  It’s a good read and the photography is excellent.  I think I like the pictures as much if not more than the articles.

IMG_2653.jpgb

Saturday afternoon Victoria rang, did I want to walk round the res with her and the dogs.  The weather forecast had been for a return to summer.  This is what the weather was like early afternoon, miserable to say the least.   Definitely not summery!

DSC_9507_edited-1.jpgb

Fortunately it did get better as the day wore on and turned into quite a balmy evening.  Which was good as that evening we were all invited to my niece Bethany’s 18th birthday celebration.  It was a fun night and we all had a great time.  I didn’t take any pictures but I do have this family photo taken in June this year.  Bethany is on the left.  Happy 18th Beth!

DSC_0429.jpgb

Sunday the promised summery weather arrived.  Caroline, Charlie and I spent a couple of hours wandering through Ealees.  Stepping stones are always good fun.

DSC_0450_edited-1.jpgb

DSC_0453_edited-3.jpgb

So is trekking through the woods.

DSC_0458.jpgb

And after all that trekking through the forest an ice cream was definitely needed.

DSC_0480.jpgb

Onto yesterday now and almost up to date but first a little moan.  The local council is replacing all our old street lamps.  I like our old street lamps.  They give off a nice warm orange glow on a dark  night.  The new ones are a brittle bright white!  It’s like walking about in daylight!  To my mind that’s not the way it should be.  If it’s night-time then let it be dark with just a warm glow from the street lights to stop us stumbling around but not bright enough to read a book by!  I hope there was a very good reason to make this change.  I dread to think of the cost.  Ok, moan over with.  Normal service will now be resumed.

DSC_0489.jpgb

I took these pictures as I continued my walk around the neighbourhood with Muffin, our little dog.  The air was very still, very calm and peaceful.  Birdsong the only sound.  A lovely day to be outdoors.

DSC_0496.jpgb

The peace and tranquillity was affecting these fellas too.  Seemed like they were having a lie in.

 IMG_2658 Instagram

Caroline rang me at lunchtime to ask if I would like to join her and Trev at the little Greek restaurant in our little town where they were sipping a latte.  I joined them in less than fifteen minutes!  

DSC_0500_edited-1.jpgb

And what a difference a day makes. Today it was blue skies and sunshine.  Yesterday’s calm was lovely but so was today’s sunshine!  William was with me this morning.  He’s a bit under the weather just now with one or two health issues but thankfully a walk in the sunshine helped lift his spirits.

DSC_0499.jpgb

The horses were all wide awake this morning.  This beauty was even smiling for the camera!

BlogSignature

No comments: