Sunday 30 September 2012

September Miscellany

Mainly photos taken with my iPhone.  Lately I’ve been falling into a bad habit of relying on my iPhone instead of taking my dSLR out with me.  But not no more!  A mobile is fine for fun photos but just not as good as my big girl’s camera.  Full stop.  I could have taken some lovely photos of all three boys yesterday afternoon when they were absorbed in play but I didn’t take my camera with me and I was sorry afterwards.  Lesson learned.

BlogCollage30Sep2012-copyb

Anyway, these pics have all been taken over the last week or two and they include:-

  • A visit to Uppermill garden centre last Sunday affy.  William and I spent ages admiring the winter plants.  Do you see the Pom Pom tree on the left hand side.  I’d love one of those.
  • A pretty pink fuchsia in our garden still flowering despite all the bad weather we’ve been having.
  • A cute sign in a Hebden Bridge restaurant window.
  • Beautiful skies.
  • George bringing me a latte from the lake visitor centre cafe.  He didn’t spill a drop.
  • Lots and lots of rain.
  • A visit to the library, probably one of my last trips too.

BlogCollageSep2012No2-copyb

  • A solo shopping trip into Manchester including a visit to the city’s great cathedral.
  • Sipping a Starbucks coffee in St. Anne’s Square while watching the world go by.
  • Joyfully listening to the voice of an angel. Or what I imagine one would sound like.  The young woman in the centre photo serenely sang her heart out .  Her classically trained voice filled the whole of the Square despite the busy market etc. and all with no amplification.  I could’ve listened to her all day.  Such a shame it was raining or I’d have grabbed another coffee, sat outside Starbucks and done just that.
  • All three boys were here yesterday affy. 
  • We strolled around the estate.  They jumped huge puddles up Middle Starring and amused themselves for ages climbing over and sliding down that small handrail as though it was a bannister.
  • Handcrafted shell lights to die for.
  • Crocheted my first granny square.  Encouraged by my efforts I’m now in the process of making a blanket. 
  • A productive (I don’t know if that’s the word I’m looking for but it’ll do) visit to Todmorden Antiques.  I found a Christmassy looking Johnson Bros transfer ware dinner plate - Thanksgiving pattern, Historic America series.  A bargain at £3 and a simple pleasure every time it catches my eye. 
  • And finally I’ve got one.  An All New Kindle Touch.  A birthday present form my girls.  I had been dithering over which Kindle I wanted but I made my mind up and here it is.  I’m thrilled with it!  Thank you daughters! 

Can you believe tomorrow is another first.  The first of October!  It’s not all bad though,October means autumn and I love autumn.

Kathleen.

 

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Well you certainly did a lot in September and the photos look great. Yea for the granny square. Have fun! They are so quick and easy to make. Happy October! Tammy

Unknown said...

"Simple Pleasures" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in you direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-sunday-drive.html

Anita Johnson said...

I'm afraid if i had a good phone onm my camera I might leave my camera and heavy camera bag home too. I do love the look of these collages, everything ;ooks bright and fun!