A few photos. A few words. A few memories to keep.
- Afternoon Tea yesterday with a group of lovely ladies at Nutter's Restaurant. A few of the ladies sipped strawberry champagne. I liked their style! (iPhone pic)
- Tea and scones the day before in the pub by our local lake with my lovely cousin, Sylvia. (iPhone pic)
- A walk through Ealees to the lake with John and Lesley. I always enjoy time spent with those two. In an evening William will ask me what I did during the day. When I tell him about little outings like this he always says it must be nice to be retired. On days like this it definitely is.
- Five very special people, my girls and their boys.
- I collected Nicholas from school one day. These giant size chairs are new in his school playground. So, naturally, I took a picture of him sitting in one. (iPhone pic)
- John spotted this wonderful grey heron by a stream on our walk through Ealees. It was patiently waiting for a little fishy to come along.
- I took a few photos of Victoria one day.
- A gusty but sunny afternoon at the lake. Perfect for a walk and natter in good company. That company would be sweet friends, Vanessa and Diane.
- Sunday, a bracing walk up on Blackstone Edge with Caroline and Harley. The weather was wild up there!
- Poppies and lupins in a neighbourhood garden. For the last several years this garden has been one I look forward to seeing in bloom and it’s getting better every year. (iPhone pic)
- The same garden. Absolutely glorious. (iPhone pic)
So, the first day of summer was yesterday. I’m sorry to say it doesn’t look much like summer round these parts. And it doesn’t look too good for the rest of the week either.