Sunday 20 February 2011

Madeleine McCann

 I don't believe there can be many people who haven't heard of Madeleine McCann.  Madeleine was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal in May 2007 while on holiday there with her family.  She was barely four years old at the time.  There was huge worldwide publicity over this little girl's disappearance and yet three and a half years later she is still missing!

The memory of this little girl haunts me as I'm sure it does many others and that's why I've put her details on my sidebar.  My heart goes out to her parents and family.

Just this week Madeleine's name is in the news again.  There is speculation that she could be in the USA.

Madeleine pictures

These are photos of Madeleine copied from the official Find Madeleine website.

Please visit http://www.findmadeleine.com/index.html to find out more about this tragic case.

Kathleen.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ohhhh, Kathleen. That is, indeed, a most tragic case. I pray that little girl can be found and be returned to her family.

Don't know where the birds originated. I know here, in Massachusetts, they also call them Bluebirds of Happiness. They could have been purchased in a gift shop somewhere. I got all of them through thrifting, so I really don't know where they were "born."

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting. Love having you! Susan

Anita Johnson said...

Hi Kathleen,
I was going to comment on your pinks, one of my favorite flowers, but I scrolled down and read this post. I do remember that liitle girl. We had a little girl that was missing in Milwaukee, Wisconsin about the same time. Her dad dropped her off at school and she was never seen again. I have thought of her poor family many times and have always wondered how they live without closure. This is a great use of your sidebar...it might just make a difference. I'm glad you left a comment on my blog...I had lost the link to yours.