Wednesday 15 May 2013

What On Earth Is Going On With The Weather?

The weather is always a topic of conversation in the UK and no wonder when it’s the middle of May and parts of this country are having snow, gale force winds and floods but precious little sunshine!   I rarely leave the house without making sure that I have an umbrella in my bag!

DSC_9067.jpgb

Despite the weather yesterday morning Caroline and I walked up through Ealees to the lake.

DSC_9070b.jpgb

Look at those clouds.  Fortunately for us they only dropped one or two spots of rain on us and really we had a lovely walk.  We even sat outside the visitor centre and enjoyed a coffee.

DSC_9074.jpgb

Following a public footpath up through a field away from the lake this little cottage can be found.  A date stone above the front door proudly states it was built in 1721.

DSC_9088_edited-1.jpgb

Harley, Caroline’s dog, is a veritable water baby.  He just loves it.  He’s a labrador/ border collie cross and we think it must be the labrador in him.  Those eyes are beseeching Caroline to throw a stone for him.

My sister, her husband and grandson are leaving the sunshine of Arkansas and heading our way for a holiday in a couple of weeks.  I’m really looking forward to their visit and I’m really hoping the weather bucks up before then for them!

I’m linking this post to Outdoor Wednesday.

Until next time,

BlogSignature

6 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Beautiful photography of a gorgeous place ~ Don't ya just love nature! Weather, well, that is something else ~ MA , USA is cold and going to rain again ~ ^_^

Thanks for visiting ^_^

xinex said...

Beautiful place! It looks very peaceful and serene...Christine

Unknown said...

I saw you visited by blog, and so I reciprocated. Love your pictures; I felt like I was walking with you.

jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Hello Kathleen. Thank you for your visit today. I have always wanted to visit England. What a lovely place for a walk. I think Caroline's pup is so pretty. How nice to have family coming to visit. You are blessed.

Wishing you happy sunny days.
xo, Jeanne

Debbie said...

I know what you mean about the weather. It's completely topsy turvy here too.

I love the pictures you share when you head off to one of your adventure places. I think you should share some at the Notecard Party at A Haven for Vee sometime. Your photos would make wonderful note cards.

Skeller said...

oh! your corner of the world is BEAUTIFUL :-).