Saturday 19 May 2012

It's Just us Again!

After nine weeks with a house bursting at the seams, my daughter and her family have moved out and into their own house and now our house feels empty.

But, let's just rewind the clock a bit.  I want to post some photos taken over the last couple of months.  Photos I didn't get chance to blog about at the time and I don't want for them to just lie idle and waste away in the depths of my hard drive.  I feel this is going to be a long post but it has to be done.  For posterity, you know.  Naturally the pics are mainly of the boys.

First up.  A reminder of a little walk the boys and I took one afternoon when their parents were busy working away on their house.

DSC_4679b2

The boys ran ahead and sat themselves on this wall waiting for me to catch up with the dogs.  I remember thinking what a nice picture that would make.

DSC_4679b2

I shouted "boys, this way" and this was what I got.  A close up of the faces shows it didn't turn out quite how I saw it in my mind's eye!

DSC_4686b

Further along.  Pretty scenery.  I love the cobbled lane.  Just stand together a minute boys.  This was what happened.  A wrestling match.  Not quite what I was going for.  Never mind, I'll keep on snapping.  One day I'll get that perfect picture of two brothers looking my way with a sweet smile on both their faces.  Ever the optimist, that's me.

DSC_4689b

We pass this old house at the top of that cobbled lane.  It was built around 1280.  I'd love a look inside wouldn't you?

DSC_4732_edited-1b

Charlie and I went for a little walk one afternoon and came across John and Lesley.  John showed Charlie all the frog spawn in the pond.  Charlie was thrilled.  He loves John, all three of our little boys do.

DSC_4753b

The day after I took George to see all the frog spawn.  There was masses of the stuff.  We forgot to go back though and see the tadpoles, shame about that.  Not sorry about not seeing the frogs though.

IMG_0668b

This is Nicholas playing the Tallulah Game.   The sweet and gentle side of Nicholas showed through in this game.  He was a big brother in it and looked after Tallulah, his little sister, so well.

DSC_4920_edited-1b

One rainy afternoon I thought a bit of quiet time was needed.  A DVD and popcorn I thought would be a good idea.

DSC_4927b

DSC_4938b

It was for a little while.  Then the Rough and Tumble started. 

There's lots of Rough and Tumble around here.  Charlie is usually the instigator, he loves it.  Sometimes it ends well, other times it ends in tears.  One thing's for certain - it's always noisy.

DSC_5275_edited-1b

Nicholas turned 5 along the way.  This was him first thing on the birthday morning. Little sleepy head.  I think it was barely 6 0'clock.

DSC_5277_edited-1b

I love their chin dimples.  They get them from their daddy.

DSC_5318_edited-1b

We had a little Happy Birthday party for him.  I think he enjoyed being top dog for the day. 

DSC_5331_edited-1b

He weighed 10lb 5ozs at birth. Ouch!

DSC_5339b

Bless him!

So, yes, they've gone.  Nine weeks seemed a long time while we were going through them but now they've gone it's hard to believe they ever happened.  All's well that ends well.

Kathleen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I can always send the boys for a sleepover if you're really missing them? Xxx

Caroline said...

Some lovely pictures of Noodles in there. xx

Anita Johnson said...

So cute. I had two boys, your photos brought back memories, especially the ones with them wrestling! Such a beautiful place to walk...

Debbie said...

I'm giggling at your pictures! I think the funny faces make them twice as special. You captured them perfectly and still managed to get the gorgeous scenery to boot.

My sister is currently on vacation in England. She's staying in London for most of the trip, but she's traveling out and about to some other places too. I can't wait to hear all about it. I wish I were not so poor and afraid of flying because it is one place that I truly would love to see. (Glad I can see it through your eyes!)