Sunday 4 March 2012

Butter Wouldn't Melt

Well, this week has flown by, just like the rest of this year's weeks have!  It's March already!  I love it when we reah the month of March though, with the promise of spring well and truly in the air.

I'm playing catch up today. Not a lot of stuff happened this week but even so I don't want to let it go by and post nothing.

DSC_4611_edited-1b

A trip to the garden centre yesterday morning was a pleasure.  Spring flowers were everywhere.  William quite likes garden centres but he was still busy up a ladder in the kitchen.  I offered my assistance but he didn't want it, so with a clear conscience I toddled off and left him to it.

DSC_4578b

Midweek I needed to go a few errands.  Outside the antiques store was this gorgeous little cart.  I can just imagine it full of tubs overflowing with flowers in the garden.  Unfortunately it'll be in somebody else's garden.

IMG_0554bInstagram pic.

Harley has settled into his new family nicely. Charlie loves him to bits.

IMG_0566bInstagram pic.

My little grandson, Charlie, the helicopter pilot in action.  Wearing grandad's ear defenders he really thought was a helicopter pilot!

DSC_4594_edited-1EMAIL

My middle grandson, Nicholas, came for tea on Friday night. 

DSC_4606_edited-1b

Doesn't he just look like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth?  After tea he wanted to do the washing up and even looked at me when I had the camera in my hand!  Now that's what I call being a good boy.

DSC_4618_edited-1b

This morning a trip with my lovely daughter, Caroline and Charlie to the ice cream parlour at the Chill Factore was on the agenda.

IMG_0580b Instagram pic.

I don't know how many flavours of ice cream they have but the only one I ever choose is Turkish Delight.  No ice cream for me, or Caroline today, we had a latte instead.  It was quite cold today, snow had even been forecast, naturally Charlie had an ice cream though.

Last night our sweet friends and neighbours, John & Lesley, came round.  We played Rummikub and had a couple of drinks.  It was good fun.  We always have a good night with them.

There we have it.  I'm all caught up again.

Kathleen.

 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What beautiful shots of your grandchildren. Aren't they the most fun...I do enjoy mine so much....

Debbie said...

You have such beautiful grandchildren. I love the shot of the helicopter pilot.

I would love that little wooden wagon for my porch. I can just picture it overflowing with flowers.

(Of course, that would mean that I had to keep said flowers alive, wouldn't it?)