First in this week's round-up is this little chappy.
My littlest grandson, Charlie, turned four years old last Sunday! Here he is excitedly holding Woody which was our birthday gift to him. Boy, was he ever excited to get this toy! Woody has been on his wishlist for some time now and finally he got him.
Caroline rang midweek to see if I'd like to go for an evening walk with her and Harley round Watergrove Reservoir. It was a lovely warm evening perfect for a walk.
This corner of the res in particular was full of bluebells. This picture does not do them justice. There really was tons of them! Beautiful! I have happy childhood memories of the woods I played in with my cousin, brother and sisters being full of bluebells.
Looking down into the fields from the final stretch of our walk sits this rather grand home. I believe it's an ex Water Board premises.
Thursday and Friday of this week I attended Grandparent's Day at school for Nicholas and Charlie. Nicholas is holding the scarecrow we made together. Charlie made this bookmark for his mummy. It was fun on both afternoons. Charlie's little nursery class have been learning the National Anthem in preparation for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. The class gave us a demonstration. Sitting at their teacher's feet, waving their little Union Flags with bags of enthusiasm - it was sooo sweet!
Assorted Instagram pics from the last week or so.
- My sweet cousin, Sylvia, and I met up in Manchester once again last week. This patriotic display was in Selfridges.
- In fact patriotic things are hard to ignore, what with the Olympics and the Queen's Jubilee, the red, white and blue is everywhere.
- I couldn't resist this patriotic top and will wear it on Diamond Jubilee Day. We'll be in Devon so I'm looking forward to that.
- ...and Cherry Blossom all putting on a fine show in the local park. This local park of ours is a little gem, the gardeners work so hard keeping the flowerbeds full of blooms. It's a pleasure to be in.
- Cakes on sale in the library. Baked by staff and library users to help raise funds for a little boy who needs surgery on his legs which isn't available in the UK so he has to travel to the USA for it.
- An evening visit to Starbucks and the Trafford Centre with Caroline. It was the night of Charlie's first sleepover at Auntie Vicki's house.
- The evening of Charlie's birthday we enjoyed a meal at a local Indian restaurant with Caroline, Trev and Charlie.
- haircut for me. I've gone quite short again and I like it.
- This beautiful weather is allowing lots of outdoor reading time...
- ... and is perfect drying weather! After all these years of married life I still find hanging washing on the line a pleasure not a chore. Does that make me a bit peculiar?
These are the temperatures we've been having. To me, these are just perfect!